The PIRANA descender offers multiple braking options and can be installed on the rope without removing it from the harness. Designed for use with canyoning descent techniques.
- Three different braking positions to select from before beginning a descent
- Two supplementary braking spurs allow friction to be varied during descent
- A carabiner with a cross section of 12 mm (e.g. ATTACHE) provides a tight fit in the small hole, creating a "rigid" carabiner / descender unit
- Stays securely attached to the harness during rope insertion, to help prevent loss
- Reduces the risk of leverage on the carabiner gate due to poor positioning
- The PIRANA helps prevent the formation of a lark’s head hitch around the body and reduces rope twisting, without decreasing braking friction
- Weight : 90 g
- Rope compatibility : For use with single ropes between 8 and 13 mm in diameter
- Can be used on double ropes, but certain braking positions may not be usable depending on the rope's diameter.
- Material(s) : hot forged aluminum body (6082 ALU)
- For use with a locking carabiner having a 12 mm cross-section (ATTACHE or WILLIAM)
Petzl Pirana 5.0 2 Reviews.
- People Also Viewed
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $59.95
Special Price $44.96
As low as: $52.46 25% Off
From: $7.34 18% Off
Regular Price: $170.00
Special Price $127.50
From: $52.46 25% Off
From: $67.46 25% Off
- People Also Bought